Well I am certainly glad to have finally received some much needed cooler weather around here. After the sultry hot summer we've had this year, any coolness would be much appreciated. This month's recipe just sounds like autumn's goodness; pecans, butter, brown sugar, need I say more? When the weather really starts to have chill in it, pull out these ingredients and whip up a batch of these delicious and different brownies. The only thing that could make 'em any better would be to top them with a big scoop of vanilla or butter pecan ice cream. So, what are you waiting for? Preheat your ovens and start baking!!
Hope you enjoy them!
1/3 cup butter 3 eggs
2/3 cup brown sugar 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/3 cups flaked or shredded coconut 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cups chopped pecans 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup butter, softened 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
1 cup brown sugar, packed caramel flavored ice cream topping
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 13"x9"x2" baking pan; set aside. In a small saucepan melt 1/3 cup butter; stir in 2/3 cup brown sugar, the coconut, 3/4 cups pecans. Pat mixture evenly in prepared pan. Set Aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add 1 cup brown sugar; the baking soda and salt; beat until combined. Beat in eggs, and vanilla until well combined. Add flour and beat until combined. Stir in 1/2 pecans and marshmallows. Spoon small mounds of mixture over coconut mixture in pan. Carefully spread to cover.
- Bake about 20 minutes (mixture should be evenly browned; center may jiggle slightly when shaken). Cool in pan on a wire rack. To serve, cut into bars. Drizzle with caramel topping.
- Yield 24 small bars or 12 larger servings