4 cups boneless, skinless, chicken breast; cooked and chopped fine
( I seasoned my chicken and baked it in the oven, but you could also use pre-cooked rotisserie chicken if you are in a hurry)
8 oz. bleu cheese, crumbled
8 oz. pepper jack cheese, shredded
1 cup milk
1 cup mayonnaise
1 pkg. dry Spicy Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1 Tbs. Hot Wing wing sauce
1 tsp. Bottled hot sauce
1/8 tsp. Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1/8 tsp. Ground Paprika
1 pkg. large, square won ton (or pastry) wrappers
bleu cheese dressing
additional hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, and dry ranch mix. Stir with a whisk to blend well, with no lumps. Cover and chill in refrigerator, for at least one hour.
- Meanwhile, cut each won ton wrapper into 4 squares about ( 2in. by 2 in.)
- Place each won ton wrapper into the bottoms of a cupcake pan, pressing to form a small cup, with the pointed corners flared out toward the edges of each cup. (repeat as many times as needed to make 32 wont ton cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes till edges are lightly brown. Remove pans from oven ( but leave pastries in pan while preparing filling)
- In large mixing bowl, combine chilled mayonnaise/milk mixture, chopped cooked chicken, cheeses, wing sauce, hot sauce, and spices. Stir with large spoon to combine well.
- Spoon two tablespoons of mixture into each pre-baked won ton cup. Sprinkle tops of each with a little paprika. Repeat step to make 32 won tons.
- Bake again for 4-5 minutes till cheese is bubbly and edges are lightly brown.
- yield: 32 won tons
If desired, garnish with a dollop of bleu cheese dressing on top of each won ton, an additional splash of hot sauce, and a small celery stick.