I recently tasted this recipe at a ladies bible study group. Lisa was so kind to share it with me, and gave me permission to share it with you. She served some additional salsa on the side, but you could also use a dollop of sour cream on them as well, maybe even some chopped black olives too..............
They are delicious!
10 fajita sized flour tortillas, quartered
1 large egg
1 cup cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
3/4 cup cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
3/4 cup chunky tomato salsa, divided
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Lightly oil three mini muffin pans, or spray them with no-stick cooking spray.
- Press the tortilla quarters into the muffin cups, letting the points stick up and over the edge. Bake for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly, leave the oven on.
- In medium bowl, lightly beat the egg with a fork. Stir in grated cheese, cream cheese, corn, 1/4 cup salsa, 1/4 cup of the cilantro, & the pepper.
- Spoon some of the mixture into each of the tortilla cups.
- Bake an additional 5-7 minutes, till filling is set. Let the cups cool for 5 minutes, then top each with about a 1/2 tsp. of the remaining salsa, and sprinkle with the remaining cilantro.
*** a great substitute for the fresh cilantro, is to use a small can of drained, green chilies.